Moto Essentials

Last weekend the hubbs and I took a mini business meets pleasure trip to LA. The weekend was jam packed with meetings, shoots, a wedding and of course none of our trips are ever really complete without a day riding a motorcycle. This season moto/biker/rocker wear is all the rage...however in my world, it's actually a lifestyle.

 
The mind blowing  9/11 Memorial at Pepperdine University




 


What I wore:  
Sunnies - Jimmy Choo snake sunnies although from past season I think these Union Jack ones are perfect for this look.
Leather Jacket - Zara from last season SIMILAR HERE  
Leather pants - ASOS 
Boots - Pour La Victoire SIMILAR HERE
Tee - SIMILAR HERE  
Helmet - custom designed by my hubby!

For those of you interested in our ride, and simply because I want to document this incredible day...we started off on Pacific Coast Highway. First stop, brunch at Moonshadows in Malibu. Continuing on up the Malibu mountains with a quick stop at the Rock Store and Newcombs Ranch (a frequent stop for celeb riders like Jay Leno, George Clooney and Brad Pitt). Our final destination was Neptune's Net. To get there we had to ride down the mountains...this is when I experienced what riders call "THE WHIP!"  Canyon carving down Decker Canyon basically means 180 degree turns down the mountains of Malibu, on one side you have the mountains and a giant drop on the other. Yes, I almost peed myself, and yes, it felt incredible!!!

Now, back to fashion!!!

Here's what I have in my tour pack. Flats, purse, sunnies and another pair of heels. Just in case!
Good moto gear is everything and can easily transition from day to night! So here are some of my picks.
1. Imogene+Willie (currently out of stock) 2. Obey at Karmaloop  3. Harley Davidson
1. Alexander McQueen  2. All Saints  3. ZARA 

1. Karl Lagerfeld at Net-A-Porter  2. Versace  3. McQ at Farfetch


1. The Row at Barney's  2. ZARA  3. Adriano Goldschmied at Farfetch


1. Steve Madden at Nordstrom  2. ZARA   3. Saint Laurent at Nieman Marcus




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,